Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm IN LOVE with these!!

I made a trip to the "free barn" at our local dump this weekend. It was my lucky day. Look at what I found!!

A whole box full of Kerr Mason Jars!! (I had already ripped some out of the box & cleaned them up when this photo was taken)
Wasn't so fond of these guys, but at least they were dead ;)

I decided with this many jars at my disposal I would get a little crazy & try to paint a few. I scoured my basement looking for any color that might look good on a Mason Jar & set to work.
And these little beauties were born...

{love}

It didn't take me long to find the perfect spot for them in my kitchen.

Total cost for this project: $0

What great finds have you come across this summer?

Linking Up:

**I WAS FEATURED OVER AT THE DIY HOME SWEET HOME PROJECT**
WOOHOO :)


UPDATE: I HAVE HAD A LOT OF PEOPLE ASK ABOUT THE PAINT I USED ON MY JARS. I USED ORDINARY LATEX PAINT (STUFF WE HAD LEFT FROM PAINTING WALLS), POURED IT IN THE JAR & JUST ROLLED IT AROUND UNTIL THEY WERE COMPLETELY COVERED :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice one ..How did you paint the jars? did u use alcohol and swirl it around or something..would love to know more..(coz I have some jars stashed up for a looong time..)

    Do visit and say hello...
    xoxo,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would love to know how you did it, if you could leave a message at my blog:
    http://kerraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    p.s. by the way I am quite jealous that you found 'Kerr' jars, my last name is Kerr and I've been looking for them everywhere, all I seem to find is Mason :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. Also, I love the colors you picked. I would love to know what kind of paint you used! Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to know as well. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete