Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DIY: WOOD NAME SIGN

I wanted to do a project using my Cricut and I thought this sign would be a good one. I went out to the garage to rummage through all the scrap lumber pieces until I found one that looked like a good size to me. I spray painted it an off white color and let that dry for a little bit. After my board was completely dry I brushed on some gray tinted glaze that I had on hand (bought at a local hardware store). I used a rag to rub the glaze around and wipe some back off. I had to play around with the Cricut a bit to get the right size for my letters. I just used scrapbook paper for it. I applied Mod Podge to the whole thing and let it dry.

I added the year we were married.

Sorry for the picture, no natural light when this was taken.

I think it turned out pretty cute :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment