Saturday, November 26, 2011

You Take My Breath Away.......

We put our Christmas tree up on Tuesday & the kids and I spent the whole day Wednesday decorating the rest of the house. We had company coming to stay with us, so we were busy!! I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My family and I spent this holiday & weekend with family & our very good friends from Nebraska. We had such a good time eating, shopping & catching up!! I miss them already....back to reality and blogging of course ;)

Like so many other people out there, I am totally inspired by Pinterest....I love it when I see something and am able to re-create it using what I have. This is one of those times when I stumbled upon something & just happened to have exactly what I needed in my garage & basement. THAT makes me soooooo happy!! You can see my inspiration photo here if you would like :) But, here is my version:



Breathtakingly Beautiful

To truly be able to appreciate the beauty of this mirror I think you need to see the BEFORE shots.

From the dump
Battered & broken
Covered in stickers
YUCK!!

I scraped off all the stickers with a razor blade & cleaned it up. The mirror frame was falling apart so my husband helped me wood glue it back together. I spray painted it & reassembled it. I wanted this done so bad I had to spray paint and then bring it inside to dry since it was too cold for my paint to dry outside.


This is the same color I used on my cabinet door  project.

The details.....

I had the tree, so just had my daughter help me make a paper chain out of some old thrift store sheet music.
AFTER

Another easy project with no money out of my pocket!!

1 comment:

  1. You had a vision girl and it all came together. Thanks so much for sharing with my newbie party. Please do get out and mingle and meet some new gals through this party....you will be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete