Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reindeer Names

I finally got to work on the Christmas project I bought supplies for on Monday. I bought a polka dot stencil from Hobby Lobby on clearance for $1.79 & one of the little acrylic paints I bought is Pearl Finish. The acrylic paints were 30% off when I went, so supplies for this project were CHEAP CHEAP :)

I used an old cabinet door that we took out of our kitchen years ago when we needed to make room for a dishwasher. It had kind of a shiny finish to it, so I primed it with a gallon of primer I had in the basement. The red paint I used is the same red paint I used on my shutter. I only did one coat of red so that the white primer showed through a little bit. For The reindeer names I typed them up in word in a font & size I liked & printed them out. I used a tracing transfer method I had read about online somewhere to get the names onto my board. Heavily trace the backside of the names 1st, then flip it over and heavily trace the front of the names on the board where you want them. It worked well & gave it the look I was going for. I finished up by adding a coat of my acrylic pearl paint. I also used the pearl paint for my polka dots.

It still needed a little something, so I added the raffia bow.
I also roughed up the edges a bit.
This little cutie is now in my dining room. It needed some Christmas cheer!!

Found my inspiration here at Tattered & Inked.

How are your Christmas projects going??

Linking Up:

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours! Your newest follower, following you on pinterest too! Already repinned some of your great pins! Karima

    ReplyDelete