Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home-Before & After

When we 1st looked at this house & I saw this room, I knew right away that it would be the perfect scrapbook room for me. Small, but big enough for a table and supplies & lots of windows = lots of great light. The room served it's purpose for about a year when we decided we would turn it into a playroom for the kids. It is right off the living room and would work. We don't have any photos of what it looked like pre-playroom, but here it is as a playroom.

Lots of toys crammed in this small area

The other side of the room

Hubby put shelves up for game storage etc.

We kept it as a playroom for a couple more years & now that we have the basement area for kids toys we did another transformation on it :)

A new charming sunroom :)
Lots of light coming in

Got the kids some parakeets
Got this darling dresser @ goodwill for $29.99 & hubby painted it for me!


For this room we bought:

the dresser from goodwill $29.99
the resin wicker chairs from home depot $49.99 each
the chair cushions from home depot $20
(had a 10% off coupon for home depot tho-woot!!))
3 tablecloths from target on clearance $16 each
(used these to make all the curtains & pillows)
curtain rods from walmart $45-$50
birds, cage & supplies $120
all accessories were from thrift stores or garage sales :)

We already had:
area rug
wood typewriter crate the bird cage is on
white paint for trim
beige paint for walls (I actually used a beige color that I had & didn't like & added white paint until I got the shade I wanted)

I really think this room turned out cute. We have books in there and it is just a nice quiet place to sit and read or do homework.  I love to read and I also love to buy old books. I just think they are so sweet & charming. I use them a lot in my decor.


I am linking up over at Not JUST A Housewife. Go over and show her what you've got ;)

Linking up at I {Heart} Naptime for the Sundae Scoop.

Also partying at The Shabby Nest for her Frugal Friday party.

My inspiration for this room came from Ashli at Maillardville Manor. She has a beautiful home!!













1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!
    It's fabulous! The dresser is lovely, and the curtains are to die for!!
    Thank you so much for letting me know!!!
    I loved it all the chairs, the budgies everything!!!
    Lots of Love
    Ashli
    GREAT WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete