Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My "Extreme Couponing"

I have been hooked on TLC's show "Extreme Couponing". I figured I might as well give it a try. I've been clipping coupons for 3 weeks now and have quite a few in my "coupon organizer". I scoured the weekly ads for Walmart, Walgreens & Dillons trying to match sales, coupons and register rewards to get me the best deal. I would say my shopping trip was pretty successful for a beginner!


10 lbs potatoes
Bag Chx Breasts
Taco shells
Frozen corn
Turkey bacon
FF shredded mozz.
GV shredded Colby/jack
FF cheese slices
4 cans Grn. Beans
2 cans HR crm mushrm
Can sauerkraut
Head lettuce
Celery
Radishes
Tortilla shells
Hot dogs
Half ham
Sour crm
Bell pepper
Fajita seas
16 ct pop tarts
Horseradish mustard
Mustard
2 lbs hamburger
1 lb sausage
5 michaelinas frozen meals
4 carb freedom yogurt
2 lbs red grapes
Spaghetti sauce
Doritos
18 pk eggs
Hot pockets
4 2 liters pop
3 boxes mac n chs
6 candy bars
2 deoderant
Blistex
Toothbrush
1 men’s schick razor system
1 Gillette fusion power razor
Shave gel
12 dbl rolls TP
Body wash
100 sandwich baggies

SUBTOTAL= $120.09
REGISTER REWARDS= $13
GRAND TOTAL= $107.09
TOTAL SAVINGS= $40.28

Since I didn't think to take a photo of all this craziness before I put it away, here is a quick photo of my pantry.


So what do ya think!? Have you tried "extreme couponing"?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is incredible! I want to try it but not sure I have the patience. Great job on that and on your blog.. looks great... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shannon!! It did take me probably 2 hours to make my lists & search the ads online before I went & I spent another hour shopping, but I think the more I do it, the better I will get! (always wishful thinking haha)

    ReplyDelete