Thursday, March 22, 2012

DIY Photo Ledge Shelf

I have had my husband home since Friday & have been really keeping him busy!! He has been sweet enough to cater to my "Spring break to do list". We cleaned & organized & built & hauled stuff to the thrift store. It has been AWESOME!! Here is one of the projects we have done.

This shelf is hanging in my living room above the sofa.

Some decor added. The mirror was a goodwill find. I spray painted it yellow. The red frame I found at a thrift store also, painted it & added a copy of "The Resolution" from the movie Courageous. The small frame was gold in it's previous life. The button, bow & birdcage were part of a thank you card kit from Target dollar bins.
This was such a cheap project. We just picked up 2-1x4's and 1-1x2. Hubby made it into this picture ledge type shelf & I painted it.
The big frame is from a thrift store & I made the mini "HOME" pennant banner out of jute twine & scrapbook paper. The chippy wood scroll piece was found at our local dump's free barn :) I love the shelf, but I am sure the decor on it will be ever changing.

Check back for another great shelf project!!

1 comment:

  1. These look great--definitely on my do do list! Your arrangement looks nice too.

    ReplyDelete