Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Laundry Room Closet Reveal

I have already shared with you all our coat closet makeover. Now I want to share the other closet makeover we have been working on. Both of the closets are in our laundry room & were basically wasted space before. I am so happy with my new organization!!

My sweet husband had already taken all of the clutter out before I got a photo, so here it is empty.
Gave it a fresh coat of white paint. Bought $0.33 sticky tiles for the floor.
He put up lots of shelves for me which I LOVE!! I also am excited that I have hooks to hang the broom & mop now :)
I took measurements so I would be sure and get the right size of storage bins.
I have plans to make cute labels for each & every bin & basket in here. I have a bin for extra bags, hats, donations & newspapers (that I save for crafts). I bought 2 shallow bins for cleaning rags & light bulbs because they always seem to get shoved to the back. I will use the 2 wire baskets for important school papers & bills.
A place for everything!!

This was a very inexpensive project. I totalled up my Lowe's receipt and for the lumber it was right around $60. We carefully planned & measured & bought the least amount of wood (and the cheapest we could find). We used all paint we already had on hand. The big bins were $4.97 each & the small ones were $3.97 each. The wire baskets were found at the thrift store.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I wish I had a closet that was this organized! Thanks for sharing at Fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete